Thursday, December 21, 2023

Preparing for a Successful 2024

Welcome to the winter term – and if you’re new to Carleton, welcome to the community!

The start of the term is always busy and there is plenty to do to prepare for winter term courses, starting on Monday, January 8, 2024. It’s a good time to check your timetable and review your audit (log in through Carleton360 and click myAudit from the important links menu) to ensure you are on-track to meet your program’s requirements. Visit the dates and deadlines webpage to make note of important registration-related dates (including the academic withdrawal deadline, winter break and final exams).

If you’re feeling lost in the start of the term, don’t hesitate to ask questions. Faculty, staff and student leaders wearing red Ask Me buttons and offices displaying Ask Me signs are here to help you with questions you might have about life at Carleton.

Academic Success

There are numerous supports to help you ease back into the study routine:

Many support offices will be providing satellite services in one spot. Stop by the fourth floor Galleria in Nideyinàn from Monday, January 8 to Friday, January 12, 2024 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. daily to get answers to your questions and provide advising and registration assistance in one spot!

If you need help with registering or adjusting your winter term courses, the Student Registration Assistance team is available to help from Thursday, January 4 until Friday, January 19, 2024.

Supporting Your Wellness

It’s important to care for yourself and your mental health while pursuing your academic goals. The Mental Health and Wellness website has information and resources to help you understand and support your mental health. If you aren’t sure where to start, the Wellness Services Navigator provides a confidential and curated list of mental health and wellness resources to suit your individual circumstances and needs.

Carleton University undergraduate students have access to free, confidential, 24/7 counselling services in the community through Good2Talk and Empower Me. Health and Counselling Services and Wellness Services offer medical care and mental health services.

The Wellness Desk in the library is a space for students to learn about resources, connect with our Wellness Coordinator and decompress during stressful times of the year. The Wellness Desk is overseen by the Wellness Coordinator as well as a team of dedicated student staff. You can pop into the Wellness Desk any time during its hours of operation – no appointments necessary!

Get Connected, Stay Connected

The Carleton Mobile app is available on the Apple App Store and Google Play! The official app for Carleton students allows you to view your class schedule, search support services, access grades and stay up-to-date with student news and events.

Follow @MyCarletonU on Instagram, Threads and X (formerly Twitter) for news and services to support our Ravens. We share services, reminders and updates to help you succeed in class and on campus.

No matter what goals you’ve set for the term, Carleton offers resources to help you achieve them! Visit the current students website for a full list of virtual resources, services and events.

We’re glad to have you with us this term and wish you all the best.

Thursday, December 21, 2023 in , , , , , ,
Share: Twitter, Facebook

We're here to help you succeed!

Use our services search to explore our many support services.

AskmeAsk Me

AskMe

What can we help you find?