Online, Wellness

Filing a Sexual Violence Complaint

Service offered by the Equity and Inclusive Communities Learn More

Please note: Carleton University remains open. However, many offices have transitioned to providing alternative methods of service delivery. For specific information regarding how to reach different offices, hours of operation, and other pertinent information, please visit the Student Service Information page.

Department Details

Service Summary

The Director of Student Affairs (or designate) is responsible for receiving (in writing) formal complaints of sexual violence related to students. The Director of Employee and Labour Relations (or designate) is responsible for receiving formal complaints related to all other groups. In the case where the Respondent is both a student and an employee, the complaint may be submitted to either of these two parties but will be jointly received. Only a person who reports experiencing sexual violence (the “Complainant”) can choose to file a formal complaint under the Sexual Violence Policy.

Contact the Director of Student Affairs

Phone: 613-520-2573

For more information about the formal complaints process, please review the Sexual Violence Policy, section 9.

Get Support


Visit service web page exit

Here are some related services to Filing a Sexual Violence Complaint

Find the service that best suits your needs.

We're here to help you succeed online!

Use our services search to explore our many support services.