Campus LifeWellness

Residence Counselling

Service offered by the Health and Counselling Services Learn More

Please note: Carleton University remains open. However, many offices have transitioned to providing alternative methods of service delivery. For specific information regarding how to reach different offices, hours of operation, and other pertinent information, please visit the Student Service Information page.

Department Details

Service Summary

Health and Counselling Services (HCS) has counsellors located in residence during the fall and winter terms for students living in residence. Call 613-520-2600 ext. 8061 to book an appointment.

At Health and Counselling Services (HCS), counselling staff are available to help students with personal and emotional difficulties.

We offer short-term individual counselling for students struggling with many problems such as anxiety, depression, relationship problems, sexual violence, racism and personal and academic stress. Health and Counselling Services offers a variety of specialized counsellors: Indigenous, Sexual Assault and Trauma, Athletic, Racialized, Substance Use, LGBT2QS+, International and Graduate. For crisis counselling, call 613-520-6674.

If you need crisis or urgent counselling support, call 613-520-2600 ext. 8061 or drop in to the residence office, Room 131 Renfrew House clinic and indicate that you are in crisis and need to speak to someone right away.

All health records are confidential.

Visit service web page exit

We're here to help you succeed online!

Use our services search to explore our many support services.