Online, Wellness

Counselling Services

Service offered by the Health and Counselling Services Learn More

Please note: Carleton University remains open. However, many offices have transitioned to providing alternative methods of service delivery. For specific information regarding how to reach different offices, hours of operation, and other pertinent information, please visit the Student Service Information page.

Department Details

Service Summary

At Health and Counselling Services (HCS), counselling staff are available to help students with personal and emotional difficulties. HCS has counselors who specialize in helping different kinds of students, including international students, graduate students, student struggling with mental health issues and students who have experienced trauma or sexual assault.

All health records are confidential. Students can access counselling either by making an appointment or by coming in for same-day counselling spots which are available daily on a walk-in basis each afternoon.

Same-day counselling appointment will connect students with a counselor who can offer urgent care and support, problem solving and guidance, or referral and assistance in finding the services students need, which may include ongoing counselling or referral and connection to other campus or community supports.

Visit service web page exit

We're here to help you succeed online!

Use our services search to explore our many support services.