The Legislation and Carleton University
Pursuant to the Smoke-Free Ontario Act, Cannabis Control Act of Ontario and other applicable law:
- You need to be 19 and older to buy, use, possess and grow recreational cannabis in Ontario;
- You are able to have a maximum of 30 grams (about one ounce) of dried cannabis in public at any time;
- You are not able to smoke or vape cannabis on campus;
- You are not able to consume cannabis in areas further prohibited by the Smoke-Free Ontario Act or any other applicable law;
- You are not able to grow cannabis on Carleton’s campus;
- Online delivery of cannabis is not permitted on campus, as is the case with alcohol; and
- Edibles are not available for sale and consumption is not permitted on campus.
Carleton is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for medical cannabis consumption on a case-by-case basis. Students should contact the Paul Menton Centre and employees should contact Human Resources for more information on the accommodation process.
Additionally, the following policies have been updated, pursuant to the Smoke-Free Ontario Act, Cannabis Control Act of Ontario and other applicable law:
- Student Rights and Responsibilities Policy
- Alcohol and Cannabis Use Policy
- Tobacco Smoking and Cannabis Consumption on Campus
Use Cannabis Responsibly
Information on using cannabis responsibly can be found on the Ottawa Public Health website.Visit service web page exit
Here are some related services to Cannabis
Find the service that best suits your needs.
Health and Counselling Services (HCS) offers a combination of medical care and mental health s...
The Womxn’s Centre aims to be a safe(r) space for those who identify as Womxn but also anyone ...
The Wellness Centre
The Wellness Centre is CUSA’s peer-to-peer mentorship centre, focusing on helping students car...
CUSA Health and Dental Plan
The CUSA health and dental plan provides students with the extended health and dental coverage...
We're here to help you succeed!
Use our services search to explore our many support services.