August 30, 2021
To all students,
We’re looking forward to welcoming all students to campus in a safe way in September. We all have an important role to play in stopping the spread of COVID-19 and ensuring the health and safety of all members of our community.
As we get ready for in-person classes and on-campus activities, there are new access to campus measures in place to ensure everyone’s health and safety.
To access campus you must:
- Complete the COVID-19: Infection Prevention and Control Training in Brightspace.
- Attest to receiving the COVID-19 vaccine and provide documentation. A separate email will be sent shortly with more information.
- Fill in the COVID-19 Screening Self-Assessment in cuScreen each day before coming to campus.
- Check-in to your final destination (where you plan on being longer than 15 minutes) within a building using the QR location code.
Arriving on Campus
When arriving on campus, you will notice the way you move around campus has changed.
- Follow all posted signage for designated entrances and exits and directional flow.
- Maintain physical distancing.
- Wear a mask while indoors, including in classrooms.
- Use hand sanitizer when entering a building and wash your hands regularly throughout the day.
Our cuScreen Ambassadors will be on campus to help encourage everyone to follow public health guidelines and regulations. They will:
- Help answer questions about COVID-19 policies and protocols.
- Check screening results.
- Encourage mask-wearing.
- Remind everyone to maintain physical distancing.
Students attending in-person classes in the fall are required to:
- Follow signage to move and sit safely (such as directional arrows, designated entrances and exits, designated seats to maintain physical distancing).
- Check-in using the QR location code when seated at your desk.
- Allow people to fully vacate a classroom before entering.
- Wear masks while at their desks.
- Not consume food or drinks in any classrooms or labs.
Student services and academic departments are open on campus and able to provide in-person assistance. To help you connect with different offices, specific information on hours of operation, appointment bookings and other pertinent information is available on our departmental service listing website.
Carleton’s COVID-19 website contains the latest up-to-date information about COVID-19 policies and procedures, including information specifically for students. If you have questions, please email email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you on campus and thank you for doing your part to help keep the Carleton community safe.
Vice-President (Students and Enrolment)
More News Posts
Commemorate White Ribbon Day with the Carleton Community
The December 6, 1989 Montreal massacre of 14 women shook Canada to its core. Every year, the Carleton community commemorates the anniversary of the massacre, known as the National Day... More
Fall Term Exams: What You Should Know
Fall term final examinations and fall/winter course mid-term examinations take place Saturday, December 11 to Thursday, December 23, 2021. The Exam Support Network will be operating during the final exam... More
We're here to help you succeed online!
Use our services search to explore our many support services.