Monday, June 29, 2020

Staying Connected as an International Student

The International Student Services Office (ISSO) has been working hard to meet the best needs of all of our international student community during these shifting times and have launched several initiatives to provide support.

Introducing the Global PALS

The Global PALS (Peer Advisors Lending Support) Program provides incoming and current international students with the opportunity to connect with an upper-year student who can provide insights and support as you navigate social, cultural and academic life at Carleton University and in Ottawa. Global PALS can support you in navigating Ottawa and Carleton resources, student support services, involvement opportunities, Canadian culture and much more. They are available via email and Microsoft Teams video chat. To find out more and connect with the Global PALS, visit the Global PALS page.

Canada Day Events

Wednesday, July 1, 2020, marks Canada Day, Canada’s national holiday. This year, the Government of Canada is offering ways to celebrate virtually, with online concerts, activity kits and events hosted around the world. The ISSO will be hosting a special Canada Day edition of Canadian Tea Time on Tuesday, June 30, 2020, featuring trivia and prizes, as well as a Canada Day Photo Scavenger Hunt. Join the ISSO to learn, reflect and celebrate!

Immigration Webinars, Workshops and Q&As

The ISSO advisors are providing webinars and Q & A sessions over the course of the summer on immigration topics like Study Permit Secrets and Express Entry. For details on their July offerings, please visit the ISSO Events page.

Sign Up for the International Student Newsletter

The International Student Newsletter will be sent out every second Wednesday. Register on the ISSO website to stay up-to-date on the latest news from the ISSO.

Monday, June 29, 2020 in ,
Share: Twitter, Facebook

We're here to help you succeed online!

Use our services search to explore our many support services.