Please note, Carleton University provided an update on the novel corona virus on Tuesday, January 28, 2020.
Jan. 24, 2020
To All Members of the Carleton Community,
Carleton is actively monitoring the novel coronavirus situation in China. As of Jan. 22, the World Health Organization stated that the event does not constitute a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC).
The Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) is actively monitoring the outbreak. While the risk of the disease spreading to Canada is considered low, the PHAC is analyzing any potential risks to Canadians on a continuous basis.
As of Jan. 24, Ottawa Public Health is following the lead of the Ontario Ministry of Health, Public Health Ontario and the PHAC in responding to the novel coronavirus. Ottawa Public Health recommends the following to reduce the spread of germs:
- Wash your hands with soap and water, or use hand sanitizer
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue or your arm, not your hand
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth, unless you have just washed your hands
- Stay home if you are sick
- Get your flu shot.
The university will continue to update the community as needed.
For more information about the Coronavirus:
- Ottawa Public Health
- Government of Canada Public Health Agency
- U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- World Health Organization
For Travel Guidance/Advice:
- Government of Canada Travel Advice
- International SOS (to sign in, Carleton’s membership log in number is: 27ACAS714670)
More News Posts
Board of Governors Award for Outstanding Community Achievement
Are you a Carleton University student who is creating a substantial contribution through volunteering? Are you graduating this term? Apply for the Board of Governors Award for Outstanding Community Achievement!... More
Life Skills 101 Series
The new Life Skills 101 series will engage, empower and encourage Carleton University students to identify, grow and reflect upon life skill development through a variety of enriching guest speaker... More
We're here to help you succeed!
Use our services search to explore our many support services.