The Office of the Chief Science Advisor of the Government of Canada are seeking candidates for a potential Chief Science Advisor’s Youth Council (CSA-YC) open to Youth, Canadian and non-Canadians working in Canadian, between the ages of 18-30 interested in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) and their societal dimensions.
The mandate of this council is to:
- Provide accurate and balanced views to the Chief Science Advisor (CSA) from the perspective of youth.
- Identify and inform the CSA on key issues and challenges facing the Canadian science community
- Participate in Science Advice recommendations
- Advise on and take part in outreach activities of the Office of the Chief Science Advisor
Involvement in the Advisor’s Youth Council (CSA-YC):
- Council members will be meeting in person once or twice a year and the remainder of the meetings and work will be conducted via an online portal.
- Participants can expect a time commitment of 1-2 days per month and a mandate period of 2 years.
- Travel costs to in person meetings will be covered.
To express your interest in applying please complete the personal contact form. Once the process moves forward, you will be contacted with further instructions on how to apply. The deadline is Sunday, June 18 at 11:59 (EST).
If you have any further questions, please contact Shahad Khalladi, Science Policy Analyst, Office of the Chief Science Advisor/ Government of Canada.
More News Posts
TAO Mobile Now Available
Carleton students now have access to TAO Mobile! TAO Mobile provides free, easy access on your mobile device to a variety of tools to strengthen your mental health and well-being... More
CU Cinema is Back with Shazam!
CU Cinema is back on Tuesday, November 19, 2019, showcasing Shazam! Come out to 2200 Richcraft Hall at 9:00 p.m. for a fun night with some friends. Grab some free... More
We're here to help you succeed!
Use our services search to explore our many support services.