The Office of the Chief Science Advisor of the Government of Canada are seeking candidates for a potential Chief Science Advisor’s Youth Council (CSA-YC) open to Youth, Canadian and non-Canadians working in Canadian, between the ages of 18-30 interested in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) and their societal dimensions.
The mandate of this council is to:
- Provide accurate and balanced views to the Chief Science Advisor (CSA) from the perspective of youth.
- Identify and inform the CSA on key issues and challenges facing the Canadian science community
- Participate in Science Advice recommendations
- Advise on and take part in outreach activities of the Office of the Chief Science Advisor
Involvement in the Advisor’s Youth Council (CSA-YC):
- Council members will be meeting in person once or twice a year and the remainder of the meetings and work will be conducted via an online portal.
- Participants can expect a time commitment of 1-2 days per month and a mandate period of 2 years.
- Travel costs to in person meetings will be covered.
To express your interest in applying please complete the personal contact form. Once the process moves forward, you will be contacted with further instructions on how to apply. The deadline is Sunday, June 18 at 11:59 (EST).
If you have any further questions, please contact Shahad Khalladi, Science Policy Analyst, Office of the Chief Science Advisor/ Government of Canada.
More News Posts
Notice of Theft on Campus
Campus Safety Services would like to inform our community that there have been a number of recent thefts of laptops and other personal items in the Upper Tunnel area of... More
Register for CHEM Matters 2019
CHEM Matters is a week-long course that emphasizes the importance of chemistry fundamentals and is designed to help prepare students coming into CHEM 1001. By having a strong grasp on underlying concepts... More
We're here to help you succeed!
Use our services search to explore our many support services.