Health Promotion is currently recruiting volunteers for their 2nd annual Mental Wellness Fair in support of Bell Let’s Talk. The Mental Wellness Fair will be held on Bell Let’s Talk Day (Wednesday, January 30, 2019) from 11:00am-3:00pm on the 4th floor of the University Centre.
Activities at the fair will include:
- Information Fair: Health Promo, Cam’s Kids, Hopewell, CKCU FM, Ottawa Public Health, Leave the Pack Behind, Mental Health Champions, Equity, Student Mental Health Engagement Committee, CUSA, Athletics, Good 2 Talk, Aramark
- Constant Activity Stations: Community Colouring Murals, Tea Station/Mindful Snack (Aramark), Therapy Dogs, Bell Let’s Talk Speech Bubble wall, Social Media Contest
- Rotating Activity Stations:
- 11:00am-12:00pm – Regrow Workshop (Pot a plant to bring home)
- 11:30am-2:30pm – Massage Chairs
- 2:00pm-3:00pm – Stress Ball Workshop (Create your own stress ball)
- Giveaways: Bell Let’s Talk – toques, buttons, stickers, speech bubbles, posters and Beats by Dre Headphones
Health Promotion is happy to accept any length of time commitment between 10:30am and 3:30pm on the day of the event, and are happy to accept longer time commitments if interest is expressed.
If interested in volunteering for Bell Let’s Talk Day, please email availability to the Health Promotion Coordinator, Nicole DiBiagio.
More News Posts
Party Safe Mini Fair
Come out to Health & Counselling Services’ Party Safe Mini Fair! Learn about cannabis guidelines for low-risk use, tips and support to stop smoking, conversations about consent and talk to Carleton... More
Filling in the Fossil Record
By Tyrone Burke Photos by Chris Roussakis Hell hunter and devil digger. When Arjan Mann names a species, he doesn’t mess around. As part of his PhD research into carboniferous... More
We're here to help you succeed!
Use our services search to explore our many support services.