Health Promotion is currently recruiting volunteers for their 2nd annual Mental Wellness Fair in support of Bell Let’s Talk. The Mental Wellness Fair will be held on Bell Let’s Talk Day (Wednesday, January 30, 2019) from 11:00am-3:00pm on the 4th floor of the University Centre.
Activities at the fair will include:
- Information Fair: Health Promo, Cam’s Kids, Hopewell, CKCU FM, Ottawa Public Health, Leave the Pack Behind, Mental Health Champions, Equity, Student Mental Health Engagement Committee, CUSA, Athletics, Good 2 Talk, Aramark
- Constant Activity Stations: Community Colouring Murals, Tea Station/Mindful Snack (Aramark), Therapy Dogs, Bell Let’s Talk Speech Bubble wall, Social Media Contest
- Rotating Activity Stations:
- 11:00am-12:00pm – Regrow Workshop (Pot a plant to bring home)
- 11:30am-2:30pm – Massage Chairs
- 2:00pm-3:00pm – Stress Ball Workshop (Create your own stress ball)
- Giveaways: Bell Let’s Talk – toques, buttons, stickers, speech bubbles, posters and Beats by Dre Headphones
Health Promotion is happy to accept any length of time commitment between 10:30am and 3:30pm on the day of the event, and are happy to accept longer time commitments if interest is expressed.
If interested in volunteering for Bell Let’s Talk Day, please email availability to the Health Promotion Coordinator, Nicole DiBiagio.
More News Posts
Carleton University Presents: The Walrus Talks Impact
On February 27, 2019, Carleton University and The Walrus are teaming up to host The Walrus Talks Impact. Seven renowned speakers will deliver seven-minute presentations on the new landscape of... More
BGInS: 3200 Experiential Learning Abroad Applications Have Re-Opened
BGInS: 3200 is a course that provides an opportunity for students to undertake a service-learning project facilitated by a partner organization in Belize called the Center for Engaged Learning Abroad... More
We're here to help you succeed!
Use our services search to explore our many support services.