Most Carleton students are making regular use of these tips from our top list of responsible drinking strategies:
- Staying with the same group of friends the entire time drinking
- Using a designated driver
- Eating before and/or during drinking
- Keeping track of how many drinks are being consumed
We’re not surprised. Carleton students are no rookies when it comes to responsible drinking — 68% of Carleton students avoid binge drinking altogether.
We can step up our game though and there are a few responsible drinking strategies we could be using more. They may seem obvious, but they are often the easiest to forget once the party gets started.
- Sticking with one kind of alcohol
- Avoiding drinking games
- Determining in advance not to exceed a set number of drinks
- Having a friend let you know when you’ve had enough
- Alternating non-alcoholic with alcoholic beverages
- Pacing drinks to one or less an hour
What responsible drinking strategy do you use most? Let us know using #CUDontKnow on Facebook or Twitter
More News Posts
Carleton Ravens TSN1200 Athletes of the Week: October 16
CHLOE WILSON – Women’s Golf 1st year – Carleton Place, ON Carleton Ravens women’s golfer Chloe Wilson is this week's TSN 1200 Female Athlete of the Week. Wilson, a first-year... More
ARISE Building Update: Deliveries
To All Faculty and Staff, There will be a series of daily deliveries to the ARISE Building construction site starting on Wednesday, Oct. 18 for a period of three weeks.... More
We're here to help you succeed!
Use our services search to explore our many support services.