The wait is over Ravens, Throwback Week is finally here! CU Throwback is a celebration of everything that makes up our vibrant community here at Carleton. Alumni come back to visit our campus and current staff, faculty and students share stories, memories and knowledge with the school community.
The whole celebration will lead up to our fourth homecoming football game Saturday September 16th! Since Fall Orientation is over, the Throwback football game is a great opportunity to grab your new friends and cheer on our Ravens! A sea of students, faculty and alumni deck themselves out in Carleton colours, noisemakers, thunder sticks and foam fingers fill the stands. It’s a pumped up atmosphere and you won’t want to miss the excitement!
If you’re planning on celebrating homecoming with a few drinks keep these CU Don’t Know tips in mind:
- Don’t overdo it with the pre-drinking (or avoid it completely), if you’re intoxicated you may be asked to leave the game
- Do alternate alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages (preferably water!)
- Do keep track of your drinks and set a limit ahead of time
- Don’t feel obligated to drink the same amount as your friends; it’s NOT a contest!
- Do live it up with your friends and cheer as loudly for our team as possible! Homecoming is about having fun and celebrating school spirit!
- Do have a plan for a safe ride home!
More News Posts
Dom Oliveri Named Head Coach of Ravens Women’s Soccer
The Carleton University Department of Recreation and Athletics is pleased to announce the hiring of Dom Oliveri as the new head coach of the women's soccer program. Oliveri joins the... More
Important Information Regarding Health and Dental Insurance Coverage
The Carleton University Students’ Association (CUSA) Health & Dental Plan is a health insurance plan available to all undergraduate students attending Carleton University. Students enrolled in four courses (2.0 credits)... More
We're here to help you succeed!
Use our services search to explore our many support services.