The wait is over Ravens, Throwback Week is finally here! CU Throwback is a celebration of everything that makes up our vibrant community here at Carleton. Alumni come back to visit our campus and current staff, faculty and students share stories, memories and knowledge with the school community.
The whole celebration will lead up to our fourth homecoming football game Saturday September 16th! Since Fall Orientation is over, the Throwback football game is a great opportunity to grab your new friends and cheer on our Ravens! A sea of students, faculty and alumni deck themselves out in Carleton colours, noisemakers, thunder sticks and foam fingers fill the stands. It’s a pumped up atmosphere and you won’t want to miss the excitement!
If you’re planning on celebrating homecoming with a few drinks keep these CU Don’t Know tips in mind:
- Don’t overdo it with the pre-drinking (or avoid it completely), if you’re intoxicated you may be asked to leave the game
- Do alternate alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages (preferably water!)
- Do keep track of your drinks and set a limit ahead of time
- Don’t feel obligated to drink the same amount as your friends; it’s NOT a contest!
- Do live it up with your friends and cheer as loudly for our team as possible! Homecoming is about having fun and celebrating school spirit!
- Do have a plan for a safe ride home!
More News Posts
Carleton Ravens TSN 1200 Athletes of the Week: September 11-17
RADA MINTCHEV – WOMEN’S SOCCER Goaltender – 5th year – Ottawa, ON Carleton Ravens women's soccer player Rada Mintchev is this week's TSN 1200 Female Athlete of the Week. Mintchev,... More
Important Change to Academic Withdrawal and its Impact on Official/Unofficial Transcripts
As the September 30, 2017 deadline to withdraw from fall term and fall/winter courses approaches, the Registrar’s Office and the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs wants you to be... More
We're here to help you succeed!
Use our services search to explore our many support services.