To all Members of the Carleton Community:
I am pleased to announce the constitution of the search committee for the Dean of the Sprott School of Business. Thank you to all who submitted your names and/or forwarded nominations for membership on this committee. The committee will be having its first meeting soon. One of its initial tasks will be to create a position profile and job advertisement so that the position can be advertised. The committee will be assisted by an executive search consultant to be identified later this month. It will begin reviewing applications later in the fall and will continue until the appointment is completed. Ideally, the start date for the new dean will be July 1, 2018.
An email address (email@example.com) has been set up and the committee invites members of the Carleton community to submit any suggestions you may have regarding the challenges and opportunities that you think the new dean will face, and the ideal qualities and skills that you think the committee should look for in reviewing candidates for the position. All comments received by the search committee will be treated in strictest confidence. Please note that anonymous comments will not be considered and all submissions to the search committee must respect the values of ethical and considerate behaviour and Carleton’s Human Rights Policy and Procedures. The chair of the search committee, in consultation with the members of the committee, reserves the right not to forward comments to the committee that do not respect these values.
Comments should be marked confidential and submitted to Wallace Clement, Chair of the Search Committee for the Dean of the Sprott School of Business by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to the Office of the Provost and Vice-President (Academic), Tory Building, Suite 503, Carleton University.
We will continue to update you on the progress of this search in the coming months.
Chair, Sprott School of Business Decanal Search Committee
The members of the Sprott School of Business Decanal Search Committee are as follows:
- Wallace Clement, Chair; and Interim Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
- Ikenchukwu Alex-Onyeagwu, Graduate Student Representative, President, MBA Society
- Merridee Bujaki, Faculty Representative, Associate Professor, Accounting; and Director, Centre for Research and Education on Women and Work (CREWW)
- Jennifer Conley, Senior Administration Representative, Chief Advancement Officer, Department of University Advancement
- Hanna Di Virgilio, Undergraduate Student Representative, President, Sprott Business Students’ Society
- Linda Duxbury, Faculty Representative, Professor, Management and Strategy
- Katie LeBlanc, Professional Services Staff Representative, Business Career Coordinator
- Leighann Neilson, Faculty Representative, Associate Professor, Marketing
- Howard Nemiroff, Faculty Representative, Associate Dean, Undergraduate Studies; and Associate Professor, Finance
Committee Support: Executive Search Consultant TBD, Human Resources Representative TBD, Rosemary O’Hearn, Executive Assistant to the Provost and Vice-President (Academic)
More News Posts
Opportunities at the Student Experience Office (SEO)
The Student Experience Office has a number of opportunities for students including: First Year Connections Mentors (applications due March 21, 2018) Campus Activity Board (CAB) Directors (applications due March 25,... More
CUPE 2424 Bargaining Update No. 13 – Carleton University and CUPE 2424 to Resume Bargaining...
In the best interest of the Carleton community, the university and CUPE Local 2424 have agreed to meet to continue discussions in an attempt find a resolution and put an... More
We're here to help you succeed!
Use our services search to explore our many support services.