Know Your Skills
You’ve already got skills!
While working towards your degree you will develop skills inside and outside the classroom that will attract the attention of employers and help you achieve your future goals. Knowing what your skills are is the first step.
Environmental Studies Skills & Knowledge
Skills and knowledge you may gain from your program:
- Ability to comprehend the varied ways that humans interact with the natural environment and a range of important environmental issues, as well as to engage in action-oriented and environmentally responsible ways in both the workplace and everyday life.
- Capability to evaluate decisions, actions and approaches aimed at helping to solve environmental problems.
- Collect, and interpret the qualitative, quantitative, and/or spatial data needed to analyze environmental problems and propose solutions
- Conduct research to inform and support strategic decision-making and effective policy related to contemporary environmental issues
- Clearly communicate environmental issues and topics to a diverse audience in verbal and written form using a variety of media and presentation types
- Workplace skills through practicum or co-op, including: leadership, responsibility and initiative in the workplace; ethical work conduct; independent work and group work; meeting productivity demands and deadlines; networking.