Are you interested in a career in sports?
The good news is, you are not alone… that’s also the bad news. Few fields are as sought after or as fiercely competitive as the sports industry. You need to stand out from your competition. What is the biggest difference maker to separate you from the pack and get the attention of prospective employers? Experience.
No one understands passion for sports more than the Ravens!
The Ravens marketing team operates as a full service agency for all the varsity and recreational events and activities throughout the year. We oversee and handle all aspects of promotion and execution of all varsity game day events, content creation and publication across all digital channels, all recreational program marketing, design and publication of all print collateral, online and on campus merchandise outlet operation as well as securing and fulfilling external partnerships in the community.
As part of this, we also work in partnership with the Ottawa Sports and Entertainment Group as well as the Ottawa Senators organization for our off campus Capital Hoops Classic, Panda Game and Colonel By Classic events. Combine this with our collective 30+ years of team experience in the local sports industry = we are certainly well connected in the local sports community. part of working in sport is membership in national leagues which only further enhances our reach in terms of industry networks.
We are looking for dynamic candidates to join our exclusive “Ravens Sports Business Club”. All members will gain valuable real world experience to enhance their resume/skill set. We have opportunities available in the following areas for the 2017-18 academic year:
- involvement in all aspects of the game day event/production, game day announcing, DJ, In game host, creating new themes/game day traditions, intermission/half time activities, and more
- strategies to increase student attendance to both varsity and recreational events, engaging the residence community, create more overall “buzz” on campus, oversee tabling/awareness campaigns on campus, co-ordinate relationships with on campus student groups, recruitment of new RSBC members, and more
- print and digital content creation for publication on website and social media channels, pre and post game summary/write ups, social media coverage of varsity and recreational events, research and analysis of relevant marketing content, manage the club content/account(s) and more
- prospect and contact potential new partners in the business community, develop and present sponsorship opportunities, track activities and develop benchmark metrics, create promotional decks/collateral, develop and execute group ticket sales strategies/campaigns, and more
- involvement in all aspects of on campus and retail store, strategies for branding and product development, strategy to engage student and alumni market, inventory control, marketing campaign design and execution, development of club related merchandise items and more
If you are interested in this exciting new opportunity, email Ravens@carleton.ca with RSBC in the subject line including a cover letter outlining your interest/suitability for this club. Please indicate (in order of preference) the area(s) of business you are interested in being most involved with (all areas interact with each other).
Deadline for all applications is Friday, March 31.
We look forward to hearing from you. GO RAVENS!